- Black pepper
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ginger
- Home-made lemon-butter
- Rub the fish with black pepper, coarse salt, garlic and a little ginger.
- Place over a medium to low heat fire – skin side down.
- Baste occasionally with lemon butter.
- Grill until 90% done before turning it once to get smoke flavour.
- Remove from the fire and serve.
Accompany the fish with freshly baked cheese-and-onion bread, served with butter, whole green figs and goats cheese; and, a cold sweet potato salad with walnuts, coriander, mint and feta, dressed with a good quality olive oil.